The Cadillac Club Nederland (CCN) will organize The Grand European 2013 (GE 2013), a fascinating bi-annual event for members of Cadillac clubs all over the world. The activities and tours are organized near the 3 large Dutch cities Amsterdam, Den Haagand Rotterdam. The GE 2013 takes place from Wednesday August 28th to Sunday September 1st 2013.
Up to now already more than 90 Cadillac-teams registered for this unique event
“The Cadillac Grand European Club Event 2013 will be a unique opportunity to meet the many Cadillac friends from all over Europe, as well as some from North- and South America and even Australia and hopefully from China and Russia,” says Koen Ongkiehong, Chairman of the Cadillac Club Nederland. “We expect the GE 2013 will set a record with more than 150 Cadillac’s and participants from Europe and far beyond.”
“During its 111 year history Cadillac has launched some of the most technologically advanced and extravagantly designed luxury car models ever built. Many of them have become automotive icons. It fills us with pride seeing Cadillac enthusiasts from all over Europe and even overseas gathering with their favorite model in the Netherlands this summer,” emphasized Tom Anliker, Managing Director Cadillac Europe.
The next meetings will take place in Switzerland (2015) and in Denmark (2017).
Wednesday August 28th
Arrival at Noordwijkerhout. After the Welcome Buffet at around 9.30 pm CCN-member Rudy Gersons will invite participants for a presentation about Dutch 17th century paintings with main-focus on Rembrandt.
Thursday August 29th
- Visit old Dutch village Zaanse Schans. (www.zaanseschans.nl)
- Visit Cadillac dealer Middelbeek Cars in Alkmaar
- Visit Amsterdam for sight seeing and canal cruise.
- Free program for the evening. Participants may want to cruise on the boulevard of Noordwijk along the shore of the North Sea.
Friday August 30th
- Visit world famous Louwman Museum in The Hague, one of the most exquisite collections of classic cars in the world! (www.louwmanmuseum.nl)
- Cadillac party and special Missisippi Dinner on board the largest paddle steamer of Europe, ‘De Majesteit’, sailing in the harbor of Rotterdam, one of the world’s biggest ports. (www.raderstoomboot.nl)
Saturday August 31st
- Visit classic US-car dealer LaSalle at Alphen. (www.lasalleclassiccars.com)
- Visit The Corvette Collection of André Boer in Wezep (the largest in Europe), http://www.autobedrijfandreboer.nl/
- Visit the private Cadillac collection of Ton Rijnbeek (www.cadillacs.nl)
- Evening dinner & big final party with famous Lennerockers from Germany and star guest: Memory Marilyn, and announcement of the Awards.
Sunday – September 1st
- The location for Sunday is Beach Resort Nederzandt. A unique location in de dunes near the beach wit a very large parking lot.
- Concours d’Elegance
- Swap meet (Cadillac parts, technical demonstrations, show and shine)
- Presentations and work shops presented by GE 2013 participants and International Cadillac Clubs
- Presentation of new Cadillacs by the dealers
- Appraisal of Cadillacs
- Lunch/BBQ/Dinner in one of the various restaurants of Nederzandt
- Enjoying the beach